Section 1. The duties of the officers of the organization shall be governed according to ” Robert’s Rules of Order Revised, ” except as otherwise provided herein.
Section 2. It shall be the duty of the President to preside at meetings of the Executive Committee and the general membership.
- The President, with approval of the Executive Committee, shall appoint such committees as are necessary to carry out the purposes of the organization and shall serve ex officio on all committees.
- The President shall be the official spokesperson for the organization and shall sign/approve all contracts and legal documents.
- The President may designate any member of the Executive Committee to serve as his/her official representative at any function attendant to the business of the organization.
Section 3. The Vice President shall preside at meetings in the President’s absence.
- The Vice president shall serve as parliamentarian for the Association.
- The Vice President, with the training committee chairperson shall recruit, appoint and train the three grand division coordinators.
Section 4. The Secretary shall keep a record of the proceedings of the Executive Committee, the annual meeting, and all other meetings of the Corporation.
- The Secretary shall maintain a permanent record of all minutes and serve as custodian of all records pertaining to the Corporation.
- The Secretary shall conduct all necessary correspondence.
- The Secretary shall keep a current list of members with their current address and shall be responsible for the dissemination of all information.
- The Secretary shall be prepared to report on the membership status at meetings of the Executive Committee and at the annual meeting.
- The The Secretary shall serve on various committees consistent with the responsibilities of this office and as directed by the President.
Section 5. The Treasurer shall make all necessary arrangements for the collection and disbursement of all monies on behalf of the Corporation and maintaining adequate financial records.
- Disbursements over the amount of $500.00 shall be made by check signed by the Treasurer and the President.
- The Treasurer, at the request of the Executive Committee, will arrange for a financial review of the corporate books. This report is to be submitted to the Executive Committee at their next scheduled meeting.
- The Treasurer shall be prepared to report on the finance of the Corporation at the meeting of the Executive Committee at the annual meeting.
- The Treasurer shall serve on various committees consistent with the responsibilities of this office and as directed by the President.
- Past Treasurers shall provide all financial records, or copies of financial records, to include receipts or copies of receipts, to the next administration prior to their first planning meeting. Financial records will be maintained by the Association for a minimum of five years
Section 6. The Duties of the Executive Committee shall be:
- To serve as advisors to the President in the performance of his/her duties.
- To have general charge of the business of the Corporation between annual meetings.
- To consider legislation concerning the objectives of the Corporation with power to approve or disapprove proposed legislation in the name of the Corporation in the interim between annual meetings.
- To approve the appointment by the President of such committees as shall be necessary for the work of the Corporation.